Hotmail.com email is part of Outlook that is the new web based email service of Microsoft. The Hotmail login process and details have evolved in this new platform where Microsoft ensures that users have a secure way to access their Hotmail Sign in account and can use new and innovative email inbox features.
This is an innovative way to securely access one’s Hotmail account without having to remember one’s password. At the same time, it also helps to secure one’s account from hacking attempts.
- One is asked to download an app for their smart phone.
- The app then syncs to one’s Hotmail account.
- A code is sent to the app every time one wishes to access their account.
- This code can be synced from the phone to one’s device or computer to provide access to Hotmail.
With the access code feature, a unique ID code is used which is sent to the registered phone of the user. This syncs and unlocks one’s Hotmail account, surpassing the requirement to key in the password.
Users are also asked to maintain certain safety habits to ensure that the login process remains secure in their Hotmail account. For instance, they should select the option to stay logged into their account only when they are the sole users of a computer, laptop, smartphone or tablet. It is advised that one logs out after every email session when they are working from a shared computer. This helps to ensure that the email account remains secure from unauthorized use.
Organizational features of Hotmail accounts
There are several convenient features offered for Hotmail users to organize their email inbox such as:
- There is a focused inbox feature that ensures that you see the correspondence that matters to you and the others are moved to a separate section.
- Once the settings are made, you will find the focused section to showcase every time you open your inbox.
- There is a sweep feature that allows you to separate clutter in a single sweep once you select the emails that you wish to remove from your main inbox.
- If you have a travel booking in your email correspondence or have saved such details in your calendar, tasks, these would be highlighted as alerts in your email inbox.
These are some of the key organization features that Hotmail offers through its new webmail interface to the users. There are color coordinated themes and folder options for organizing your inbox and emails in different customized ways.
Social correspondence on Hotmail
If you have several social media accounts and find it tiresome keeping up with different posts and updates on these accounts, Hotmail makes it simple for you in the following way:
- You can sync social media accounts like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter with your Hotmail account.
- This will help you see updates from these accounts as they happen; you can also open these posts and make edits or send new updates or posts directly from your Hotmail account.
With Hotmail synced to your social media accounts there is no need to separately log into the different accounts separately.
Collaboration features for Hotmail
It has become beneficial to use Hotmail as your official or business email account as well. There are several easy and convenient ways to collaborate with teams and work groups through this email interface:
- Creation of alias accounts is possible under a single username in Hotmail; this enables you to separate different kinds of correspondence or receive communication from different work groups or personal contacts.
- Sharing files such as documents, spreadsheets and presentation files becomes easy with Hotmail; not only can you attach large attachments with ease, but use the cloud sharing facility, not only of OneDrive but also access other cloud services like Google Drive.
- Hotmail accounts come integrated with Office; as a result the whole suite of office applications becomes available for Hotmail users. Whether you wish to create, edit or share word documents, spreadsheets, presentation files and others, these are easily done with Hotmail as Microsoft has made Office available on the new web mail interface.
With the file sharing and Office suite features, Hotmail is definitely one of the modern email services that can help people combine the ease of business correspondence and collaborating on the go.